Installation via FTP
The easiest method of installing the plugin is via the WordPress admin area. However, if you have any issues you can resort to the FTP method.
- Navigate to the plugin’s WordPress repository and select the Download Version X.X.X button.
- Once downloaded, unzip the plugin folder. A folder called gravity-forms-pdf-extended will be extracted and this is what you should upload to your FTP server.
- Open your favourite FTP client – if you don’t have one we recommend Filezilla – and enter your hostname, username and password. If you are unsure where to get these details you should contact your web hosting provider for assistance.
- Once logged in, navigate to your WordPress plugin directory (usually /wp-content/plugins/) and upload the gravity-forms-pdf-extended folder.
- Once the upload has fully completed you should check for any failed transfers as this will cause issues with the plugin. If there was any failed transfers try upload the problem files again.
- Navigate to your WordPress Plugin page and activate Gravity PDF
On successful activation of the plugin you will see a notice saying one of two things:
- The auto installer was successfully completed. This message signifies the plugin has verified your server is fully compatible with the software and it has automatically completed the initialisation process. At this point Gravity PDF is fully installed and ready for configuration.
- You’ll be asked to manually initialise the plugin. To manually initialise follow the prompt or head to the Form -> Settings -> PDF page in the main menu.