Small updates can pack a big punch, and Gravity PDF 6.3 is no exception! The primary focus for 6.3 has been to allow sharing of the Gravity PDF download URL to third party services. We’ve also added native support for Gravity Wiz’s new Entry Block perk, so you can use the PDF shortcode with ease. Let’s take a closer look at what’s new…
Map PDF URLs to Gravity Forms Feeds
You can now select a standard or signed PDF download URL when configuring a Gravity Forms add-on feed. This will allow you to easily pass the PDF URL to a variety of third party services, including (but not limited to): PayPal, MailChimp, HubSpot, Stripe, Square, ActiveCampaign, Agile CRM, Capsule, CleverReach, Constant Contact, EmailOctopus, and Zoho CRM.
Gravity Forms Zapier Add-on Support
If Gravity Forms doesn’t have an add-on that integrates with your favorite third-party service, don’t despair: Zapier to the rescue! In 6.3, the PDF URLs are passed along to Zapier with the rest of your Gravity Forms entry data so you can integrate it with any of the 2000+ services Zapier supports. Talk about automation overload! 🤯
Gravity Wiz Entry Blocks Perk Support
When it comes to displaying Gravity Forms entries on the front end, there’s a new kid on the block (you’ll get that joke in a moment)… The Gravity Wiz team have soft launched a new perk called Entry Blocks, which takes full advantage of the WordPress block editor. This release of Gravity PDF adds support for adding PDF download links to the various Entry Block variants. It’s a perk within a perk! 😉
Gravity PDF Branded!
We replaced the generic menu icon used for Gravity PDF with our official brand icon. This change doesn’t do anything functionally, but we think it definitely enhances the whole Gravity PDF experience. After all, life’s all about the little things!
That’s all the big-ticket items in this release, however there’s a couple of bug fixes, including an import fix for people using the Background Processing feature, and a new filter available for developers. Refer to the changelog below for a list of all modifications.
This update is available via WordPress One-Click Updates, or the plugin can be downloaded from WordPress.org and installed manually via File Upload or FTP. If you have any questions or need assistance, please reach out to our friendly support team.
We want to thank all the users for reporting these issues. It’s your direct feedback that makes Gravity PDF grow bigger and better.
- Support for mapping PDF URLs to your favorite services using Gravity Forms feeds. This includes (but is not limited to): PayPal, MailChimp, HubSpot, Stripe, Square, ActiveCampaign, Agile CRM, Capsule, CleverReach, Constant Contact, EmailOctopus, Zoho CRM
- Support for the Zapier add-on: PDF URLs can now be passed to your zaps
- Add [gravitypdf] shortcode rendering support to Gravity Wiz’s Entry Block perk
- Change “document” icon used for settings menus to the “Gravity PDF” icon
- Process the [gravitypdf] shortcode when merge tags get processed so that it can be used wherever merge tags are supported
- Fix a race condition when using Background Processing that could see the PDF deleted before being attached to notifications
- Duplicating PDFs on a form will now have the correct alternating background color in the table
- Do not strip the backslash character when used in PDF settings