Alternate PDF Authentication
Signed PDF URLs is a new authentication protocol that can be used with the
[gravitypdf] shortcode, and is an alternative to the IP-based method the plugin uses by default. The benefits of Signed PDF URLs includes:
- A user can be authenticated even if you disable IP addresses using Gravity Forms 2.4+ GDPR features.
- You can adjust the URL timeout period on a per-shortcode basis.
- Long timeout periods are supported (days, weeks and months)
- Anyone with the link for the signed PDF URL can view the document. This is useful when used with Gravity Forms Notifications.
- When the timeout period expires Gravity PDF falls back to the standard security protocols.
To enable this feature, add the
signed attribute to the
[gravitypdf id="560f2ef799945" signed="1"]
If you want to adjust the timeout period, also include the
[gravitypdf id="560f2ef799945" signed="1" expires="7 days"]
Raw PDF URL
[gravitypdf] shortcode now supports a
raw attribute which will return the PDF URL as-is and not wrap it up in a HTML anchor tag. While we do have merge tags available that display the raw PDF URL they currently don’t support Signed PDF URLs and so this option was added to give you more control.
Debug Mode is a new global PDF setting which replaces the functionality of both the Shortcode Debug Message setting and
WP_DEBUG. When enabled, the template header caching is turned off and flushed (useful for developers building custom templates), shortcode errors will be displayed on-screen and generation statistics will be included in PDFs.
The following new filters have been added to Gravity PDF:
gfpdf_disable_global_addon_data– Allow you to disable aggregate Survey / Poll / Quiz data in
$form_datafor performance gains.
gfpdf_disable_product_table– Allow you to disable the Product table in Core / Universal PDFs
gfpdf_show_field_value– Used to display the field value for Checkbox, Multiselect, Radio, Select, and Product fields. Added new paramters for context.
gfpdf_field_product_value– Allow you to filter the Product table HTML mark-up.
The following bugs have been fixed in this release:
- Enable PDF Image Watermark feature
- Prevent HTML fields passing through
- Test for writability in the mPDF
tmpdirectory and fallback to the Gravity PDF
tmpdirectory if failed.
- Fix scheduled licensing status checks
- Display error message if license deactivation fails
- Correctly display the values for multiple Option fields assigned to a single Product when Product Table is ungrouped (requires Gravity Forms 2.4+).
- Disable IP-based authentication when the entry IP matches the server IP